Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Compliance
We hold in high regard the intellectual property rights of others and implore our users to similarly respect these rights. This document elucidates the policies and procedures concerning copyright infringement as applicable to Binsearch.info.
In the year 1998, the United States Congress enacted the DMCA, a legislative framework designed to address the complexities of copyright infringement within the digital environment. Should a copyright proprietor or their duly authorized representative discern an infringement of their rights, they are empowered to dispatch a DMCA Notice to our designated Copyright Agent. Binsearch.info prides itself on its strict adherence to the DMCA's procedural guidelines.
Procedure for Filing DMCA Notices
Only individuals holding copyright or their authorized agents may initiate DMCA notices. Acknowledgment of such notices will be confined exclusively to the aforementioned parties who have executed a DMCA Notice.
We advise potential claimants to seek legal counsel prior to submitting a Notification of Claimed Infringement. It is important to be cognizant of the potential liability for damages arising from any false allegations of copyright infringement. Under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, individuals who knowingly and materially misrepresent an infringement may be subjected to legal repercussions. Furthermore, we reserve the right to terminate the accounts of users or subscribers who are recurrent in misidentifying copyrighted material.
Criteria for a Valid DMCA Notice
A DMCA Notice must conform to the stipulated standards and prerequisites outlined by the DMCA. Essential elements of a legitimate DMCA Notice encompass:
- An exhaustive description of the copyrighted work claimed to be infringed, or, for multiple works, an inclusive inventory of such works.
- Specific identification of the allegedly infringing content, coupled with ample details enabling Binsearch.info to locate it, including subject, date, time, message-ID(s), and the newsgroup where it was posted.
- Complete contact information of the complainant, which includes name, address, telephone number, email address, and if applicable, a statement clarifying the agent's relationship to the copyright holder.
- A declaration from the complainant, based on a bona fide belief, that the disputed use of the material is unauthorized by the copyright owner, their agent, or the law.
- A sworn statement, under the threat of perjury, affirming the accuracy of the information in the DMCA Notice and the authority of the submitter to act on behalf of the copyright owner. This includes the physical or electronic signature of the authorized individual.
DMCA Notices are to be directed to our appointed Copyright Agent. It is imperative to note that if a notice fails to meet the requisite criteria, we may be unable to process or respond to it.
Response to a Valid Notice
Upon receiving a valid DMCA Notice, we will:
- Proceed to remove or restrict access to the material alleged to be infringing.
- Inform the subscriber of the action taken concerning the material.
Contact Email for Designated Agent: dmca at binsearch.info